March 8, 2010

Justin's 1st T-ball Game

Justin had his first ever T-ball game on Saturday! His team's name is the 'Lil Dodgers. He LOVES it! His game was at 8am and had to be there at 7:30am. Matt was out of town and we all went to bed late. So I got up at 6:30ish (TOOO early) and got ready. 7:00 rolls around and both boys are still sleeping, so I went to wake up Justin and he wouldn't wake up. I told him I was going to go make his breakfast and as I got to the counter to get his breakfast ready I heard him running down the hall in his sandals. He ran into the kitchen (half asleep mind you), with his sandals, pajamas, hat, and glove on saying "let's go Mom, I'm ready!" Boy does he have a zest for life. He was so excited for his game. We ended up leaving the house at 7:30 due to Brandon deciding he needed a diaper change=) Luckily he plays his games just down the street at Girsh park so we were about 3 minutes late and he was still the 3rd kid there out of 10.
Luckily I had my trusty little camera in the diaper bag, better than nothing, right? I promise to get better pics next time with the better camera!
This is Justin's first "at bat"


He hit a line drive between 1st and 2nd.

Here he is on 1st base listening to the 1st base Coach.


Here he is tip toeing on 2nd base =)
(...tip toe, to the window...thanks American Idol for
ruining the word tip toe for me)

Here he is on 3rd base waiting to run home, not sure why he's grabbing his pants, maybe he's seen too much baseball on TV=)

And here he is running home!!!!!

This is his team meting after his game.

He's the one sitting next to the kid in the brown shirt

And here he is, happy as can be with a donut, juice, and a baseball card from his Coach! There couldn't be a happier kid!

Did I mention it was supposed to rain all day but it never did until about 3:00pm? This is a crazy funnel cloud/water spout (sorry I don't know the lingo because I've never experienced one before) right after his game

6 comments:

Katie said...

Ah, spring ball! The entire reason I was praying to have a boy. Could he look ANY happier?

Unknown said...

awesome baseball pictures! You're such a good mom!

t & e said...

yeah i had this awesome post and then it got erased....so much shorter version says: that is a tornado getting ready to touch down, CRAZY!!!!! i can't believe how much jman looks like matt, he is getting so big and i'm so sad that i can't be there to see how awesome he is! miss you guys.

Unknown said...

That was a good, but COLD game. Justin already has the best stance up at the plate. He is so cute in those baseball pants too. Go BLUE DODGERS!!!!

kelliann said...

hahaha he's got some michael jackson moves on second base. he can be doing the toe stand or starting the moon walk. too cute!

Cory Elvidge said...

So seriously cute! Tiny little baseball games are the best!!