Justin finally had his FIRST SOCCER GAME!!! Justin thought this day would never come! On Saturday afternoon he took his ever-so-neatly-folded neon green soccer jersey, black shorts, and neon green socks out of his top drawer and proudly put them on. We arrived to the game early and he was so anxious...he kicked the ball around with his dad until they were ready. Once they were ready they practiced some skills (stopping the ball and throwing the ball into a bucket). Justin was beaming.....smiles, dimples, drool, jumps, and the inability to keep still due to his excitement. The game starts and Justin is sitting out first with 2 other teammates. It had been about 2 minutes and he just couldn't control himself....he ran out onto the field after the ball and was lost in the moment amongst people yelling, "Justin, come back, Justin, Justin, come back" and his Coach running like a mosquito eater all over the field to try and catch him. She caught up with him and picked him up and ran over to the sideline with him. He was completely embarrassed and hid his head for about a minute. Once it was his turn to go in he was back at square one...beaming! According to Matt he scored 2 goals and had 2 assists.....he was at the ball no matter what and he would even throw the ball in to himself =) It was SO FUN to watch! He may be the youngest but he sure didn't look like it on the field. I love this boy's zest for life, I hope he tackles all life's obstacles like he did this game! Here are a few pics:
Justin at home, ready an hour early
Justin practicing with his Dad before the game
Justin going after the ball
5 comments:
This is the BEST story of a "first soccer game" ever! Justin is so so cute! I can just imagine his excitement...you need to give us his schedule so that we can come to some games! Can't wait to see him kick some trash! -ashley
Oh my gosh! That is seriously so cute. I love that he got embarrassed and hid his face. Where's the video? Let me guess Matt wouldn't let you post it? HAHA, tell Jman good job for me.
I completely agree with Ashley, BEST STORY EVER!! You had me rolling. And I could picture very single body shake, jump and drool! LOL He is so entertaining! LOVE HIM!!
-Jaimi
SUCH a cute description of a boy's first day on the field. I was glued! Especially loving his determined little face in the second shot.
Now this is a soccer game I'd love to see. Thanks for sharing.....I could just imagine vividly every move he made. Of course, having two boys at home makes me excited for their "first soccer game"---one of these days!! Take care. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment