My sister, Jeni, is into Cycling because her husband Jonathan cycled his whole life and actually rode with Zabriskie....so we packed up the car full of carseats and headed to Solvang to watch them roll through Solvang for a time trial. When we drove down the main road there where people were walking up a long hill that had parked far away, so we decided to turn on a street once we got to the top of the hill, we then turned again on another street and found a parking spot in front of a house. Thinking we were going to have to walk a mile to get close we pulled out the strollers and started to walk, we then realized that we just had to walk to the corner (about 100 steps) and we could see them as they finished a slight incline and started another one. We saw many cyclists including Leipheimer (who ended up taking 1st place in the tour), Rogers, Voight, Zabriske, Vende Walle, Vande Velde, , Schleck, Nebali, and not to mention, Lance Armstrong (he ended up taking 7th place). It was a fun atmosphere, including the Texas Longhorn guy! Thanks to Jeni for teaching me a bit about each of these riders, before I went to the time trial the only one I knew about was Lance Armstrong and Daivd Zabriske.
The kids in the back seat
The kids in the front seat
The kids watching cyclists go by (one came by every minute)This is the Texas Longhorn biker, apparently Lance Armstrong went to Texas so this was his way of showing support for Lance.....weirdo!
And the picture I was waiting for....LANCE ARMSTRONG!
4 comments:
That's awesome Lyndsi! What great pictures!
Wow what a fun trip!...and what a full car! ;)
That's so cool. I bet that was awesome to see Lance Armstrong. Where is that place you went, in regards to where you live? Miss you guys!
Nice picture Lynds. I wish I was there with you guys.
Post a Comment